Friday, August 10, 2012

William Henry Seward, 1909

8/10/12 Pitt Artist's Pen, watercolor, Pentalic sketchbook
Nilda and I decided to sketch at Volunteer Park where we knew we’d find a good mix of trees, flowers, architecture, sculptures and people – whatever we felt like tackling. I know I said I was going to stop avoiding architecture and take on my biggest challenge head-on. I found a shady bench near the conservatory and considered sketching its gracefully curved see-through walls. But then I spotted this statue of William Henry Seward, which allowed me to put a bit of the conservatory in the background. After all, sketching memorials and monuments is also one of my goals. I’ll save the conservatory for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...