Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Invisible at Starbucks


1/21/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook
Starbucks has never been one of my favorite sketching places. Something about the way the tables and chairs are arranged makes it hard to get a good angle on people while also remaining discreet. With all of their corporate consistency, I find this to be true at almost all Starbuckses. But I was on my way to a haircut appointment in the Roosevelt neighborhood, and the nearby Starbucks was convenient, so I gave it a try.

I do like all the natural light from the high windows in this particular Starbucks. In the late afternoon, it’s often filled with students from Roosevelt High School, and gray-haired people like me are known to be invisible to teenagers, so despite the difficult angles, I managed to sketch a few students undetected.

Gray hair: It’s the new super power!

1/21/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Eclipse inks, Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook

1 comment:

  1. I like that "grey hair is the new super power." lol I've found the same thing with Starbucks. They aren't set up great for sketching. You did well with these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...