Friday, June 28, 2013

Clallam County Encore


6/28/13 Platinum Carbon Black ink, watercolor, 100 lb. watercolor paper
The danger in sketching the same subject twice is that it invites comparison.
 
Last August I sketched the wonderful bluegrass group Clallam County at the Lake City Farmers Market. This afternoon I was delighted to find them performing again, this time on the “center stage” at Phinney Farmer’s Market. With a repertoire of songs of John Denver, Allison Kraus and the Beatles as well as original songs with political attitude, Clallam County kept everyone’s toes tapping.
 
Last year, not wanting to block their audience’s view, I had the disadvantage of standing to the side – an angle that proved to be awkward. Today I grabbed a shady, front row seat, so I don’t have any excuses. But as I was sketching, a woman looked over my shoulder and told me she recognized her husband (in the center), so I guess I did OK.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you that you sat up front to sketch. Nice work on the musicians!!! I can almost hear the music.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...