Sunday, October 6, 2013

Worldwide Photowalk

10/5/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Strathmore 140 lb. paper
I’m not a photographer, but when I first heard about the Worldwide Photowalk that was to be held on Oct. 5, I thought it might be a fun sketch opportunity. I had no idea how many would show up for the Seattle event – hundreds? Thousands? Five? – nor whether it would be sketchworthy. But the meeting location was Cal Anderson Park on Capitol Hill on a beautiful afternoon, so I knew I couldn’t lose.

I arrived at the appointed time, and about 25 or 30 people with cameras milled about. Unlike Urban Sketchers, who meet at the end of a sketch gathering to take a photo together, the photographers did their group photo first. I had just started a sketch of the fountain when they gathered there, so their timing was perfect (or mine was).

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of the Worldwide Photowalk. Love the contrast of the people and the crane!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...