Saturday, December 21, 2013

Northgate Carolers

12/21/13 Private Reserve Velvet Black ink, Zig marker, Canson Montval 140 lb. paper
So call me crazy.

I actually get a perverse thrill from going to the mall on the last Saturday afternoon before Christmas – as long as I don’t have any shopping to do. Just like on Black Friday last month, I had only one thing to look for: a holiday sketch.

Since I’ve already sketched the Northgate Santa, I didn’t bother to go down to that end of the mall, and as it turned out, I didn’t have to. Four Roosevelt High School students were caroling to raise funds for a local food bank. All decked out in Santa hats, with the boys in red neckties, they were as festive as I could ask for. During their break, one of the girls approached me to see what I was doing. Delighted by the sketch, she was also relieved: She had thought I was writing a review of their singing performance. 

Once again, I left the mall feeling smug that the only money I had left there was in the carolers’ basket.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh that she thought you were writing a review. Fun festive activity to sketch!!! Wait until you see my sketch from Saturday (to be posted tomorrow). I think I was in a place worse than the mall the Saturday before Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...