Thursday, January 9, 2014

Downton Abbey Trunk Show

1/8/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Fabriano Studio 140 lb. hot press paper
Kate, Nilda and I are all Downton Abbey fans (who isn’t?). Pacific Fabrics hosted a trunk show for Andover Fabrics, the official manufacturer of a collection of fabrics based on authentic period patterns seen on the show. We knew the trunk show would be a fun sketching opportunity as well as a way to get a Downton Abbey fix.

Several attendees dressed in Downton Abbey period costumes, including Kate. Since the current season is about the ‘20s, the fashion emphasis was of that period. A young woman (seated at right in my sketch at right) was wearing a lovely ‘20s dress that her grandmother had made.

1/8/14 Diamine Chocolate ink, Sailor
pen, Canson Montval 140 lb. paper
Although I liked the period outfits, I have to say that the most distinguished sight was the rep from Andover who gave the presentation. Himself a quilt maker, this very tall man had the biggest beard I’ve seen in a long time and was impeccably dressed.

Check out Kate’s SmugMug photostream for great photos from the event. (If you look closely at photo 8 of the security mirror, you can see me sketching and Kate next to me taking the picture.) 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an unusual sketching opportunity. I like the guy with the beard...very distinguished looking. That was a good way to get a Downton Abbey fix too. I have never seen the show and will have to get the series and watch it in order. I thought about starting to watch it now, but it seems like it might be too hard to jump in in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...