Saturday, January 18, 2014

MOHAI Urban Sketchers in Residence

New sketchers at MOHAI
Bravo to the new urban sketchers who sketched with me at the Museum of History and Industry’s Urban Sketchers in Residence program! Many of these participants had never sketched before, but they all fully embraced the Urban Sketchers manifesto for a fun afternoon at MOHAI.

I arrived at MOHAI shortly after it opened so that I could settle in on the top floor and sketch a nearly-360-degree panorama from the periscope room (bottom of page). I filled 11 panels in my accordion-folded Moleskine sketchbook. (I can’t scan the whole pano, but I’ve scanned the panels and put them on Flickr.)

1/18/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Zig markers, Fabriano Studio
hot press 140 lb. paper

Then in the Urban Sketchers room adjacent to Gabi’s exhibit, I sketched a view of the Space Needle and the park outside MOHAI while chatting with other sketchers.

Many thanks to Gabi and MOHAI for inviting me to be an Urban Sketcher in Residence! I’m already looking forward to March 29 when I get to do it again.
1/18/14 Platinum Carbon ink, Zig markers, accordian-folded Moleskine watercolor sketchbook

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! You had an even better turn out than last week. I'm on for next week.
    --Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...