Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Traffic Circle

1/20/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Eclipse inks, Sailor pens,
Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
I sketched so many trees at their peak of color growing in traffic circles last fall (Oct. 22, Oct. 23 and Nov. 13 are a few) that I was certain I had sketched this one back then. But when I looked through my sketchbooks from October and November, I couldn’t find this particular maple at the intersection of Northeast 83rd Street and Eighth Avenue Northeast. Though it was chilly all day, the sun burned through the morning fog, making the afternoon seem warm (if not feel that way). I even saw shadows (what a treat!) in the late afternoon light.

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing the inside shape of the tree. You do those little branches so well!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...