Friday, November 21, 2014

The Sketch Pistols Come to My ‘Hood

11/20/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
For a strong introvert like me, very few things will get me out of the house to meet new people on a rainy November night when I could be curled up in my recliner reading a good book and sipping hot tea. Sketching is one of them.

I’ve been in the Sketch Pistols’ Facebook group for more than a year now, but they always seem to meet in neighborhoods outside of the driving radius (about a mile) that I’m willing to go on such a November night. But last night the Seattle chapter met at the Green Lake Bauhaus Books & Coffee about five minutes away, so I had no excuse.

A fun and lively group showed up for drinking and drawing. I noticed that the women sketched other people in the café, while the men sketched imaginary people in their minds. A diverse group, indeed! Thanks to Dave Adams for organizing us.

11/20/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
11/20/14 Diamine Sargasso Sea ink

1 comment:

  1. Nice that you had an additional outing to sketch. I like the way you've shaded the faces in these sketches! It was worth going out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...