Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lots of Lines

4/14/15 India ink, dip pen
This is as far as I got on yesterday’s ink drawing class assignment. The image I was copying (below) is actually a woodcut print, not a drawing – which makes all those lines even more amazing. As before, I really started getting into a meditative state making lots and lots of tiny hatched lines. At one point, the dip pen nib (or quill) I was using seemed too wide for the wood cut lines, so I switched to an even finer quill. That’s about the time my neck got sore, and I had to take a break!

Speaking of which, I see lots of blue sky and fluffy white clouds out there today – a nice break from our recent run of gray and rain. Time for some outdoor sketching!

Woodcut print

1 comment:

  1. That looks like lots of fun. I once drew one of Durer's landscapes but it had far fewer lines than your drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...