Friday, March 25, 2016

Springtime at Swanson’s

3/25/16 ink, colored pencils

Swanson’s Nursery has become an annual holiday tradition for the Friday sketchers because this garden store always brings in a couple of reindeer, a camel and Santa for kids, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful. I think springtime at Swanson’s might become a new tradition – the flowers were plentiful and colorful today.
3/25/16 ink, colored pencils

Unfortunately, I was too cold this morning to sketch outdoors where the flowers were. Wimp that I am, I sketched inside the café, which is a jungle of oversized tropical plants. I even made a hatched study of one of the pillars, while Natalie sketched me!

A few minutes before the sharing time, the sun came out, so I ventured out and spotted St. Francis of Assisi.

Natalie Taylor sketched me!
3/25/16 ink, colored pencil

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are so adaptable and can sketch indoors or outdoors when needed. Like me, you can always find a subject. Love the one of St. Francis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great sketching session. Love the detail vignette. I see you haven't given up on the yellow FN, which is a good sign. I haven't yet tried it but your statue sketch may motivate me to do so. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...