Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Heirloom Tomatoes

6/21/16 water-soluble colored pencils
At the farmers market I saw the most amazing Heirloom tomatoes – so many different shapes and colors. I scrutinized all my choices closely and then carefully picked out three – not so much for salad potential but for still life potential.

That was Saturday. They’d been sitting on my studio table since then, waiting for me, but I’ve been happily sketching outdoors and haven't been in a still life mood. Greg has plans to eat them today, however, so I decided I’d better get on it.

6 comments:

  1. These look so yummy!!! Great job on these...love the variety of colors. I don't think our farm stands have good tomatoes out yet...but when they do I'll be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! Aren't those colors crazy??! I know you'll have fun with paint, too! Next time I'll try watercolor.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty. Fun colors. Leaving that white is still so hard for me. I have never yet bought fruit and veg for drawing potential. Our farmers market's this afternoon. Maybe today's the day. Those memories can get you through winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pilgrim. I have to admit, I hardly ever buy anything without thinking about it for its drawing potential!

      - Tina

      Delete
  3. Absolutely lovely drawing! What did you end up making with the tomoatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! We made a very colorful salad. I thought about sketching it before eating, but I was too hungry. ;-)

      - Tina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...