Saturday, September 10, 2016

Jack Block Park Skyline Redux

9/9/16 inks, colored pencils

Yesterday was what I consider a quintessential Seattle fall (or even summer) day: sunny and perhaps on the chilly side in the morning, but by afternoon, I could take the top down for my drive home. At 73 degrees by mid-afternoon, it doesn’t get any better than that.

Meeting with Urban Sketchers Seattle at West Seattle’s Jack Block Park, I walked to the farthest end of the park where I had sketched the downtown skyline more than three years ago. Sketching it again on that beautiful morning seemed like an ideal celebration of quintessential Seattle.

With a small pocket of time left until the sketchbook sharing, I went over to the other side of the park where I had spotted a rare view of the West Seattle Bridge on the other side of a chain link fence.

Lunching afterwards on the sunny deck at Salty’s on Alki, we all mentioned what a treat it was to dine al fresco with a view of Elliott Bay. I drove home feeling bittersweet, knowing that our days like these are numbered, at least for this season.

9/9/16 inks, colored pencils, brush pen

2 comments:

  1. Glad the warm weather is making it possible to still sketch comfortably outdoors. I was sketching and still swimming here in Venice today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love drawing from that little-known park! I've been there several times and always try something new.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...