Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Bite Out of the Middle

12/31/17 View Ridge
It’s been ages since I sketched a tree with a bite taken out of its middle. It’s not that I lost interest, and certainly there’s no shortage of such trees, but I guess I got distracted by urban couches and other amusements. 

A few days ago, I spotted the tall fir below just up the street in my own Maple Leaf neighborhood. The next day, the last day of 2017, was cold but bright and sunny all afternoon in the View Ridge neighborhood (at left). As much as I hate the short days of winter, I love its long shadows. 

12/30/17 Maple Leaf

4 comments:

  1. Great trees, I love the texture you were able to obtain in drawing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I find I'm having a much better time with pencils than I ever did with watercolors, especially when sketching trees.

      Delete
  2. Love the one with the shadows! I've been missing the bitten trees.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...